Tuesday 3 September 2013

Guest Authors Revisited - Luke Goldstein

I first interviewed Luke Goldstein back in February (you can read the original interview here), I recently caught up with him and you can read what he's been up to since then below:
 

What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
The biggest change has been the birth of my first child, Logan Gray Goldstein. He is at once my main inspiration for following my dream as a writer and showing him how to follow his dreams, but at this point he is also the biggest block to getting time to write (mainly because I just want to play with him and hear him giggle.) Things are slowly getting back into a patterned workflow of time, so i think my writing will pick back up again.

Have you learnt any new wisdom?
I've learned a lot more about what level of work goes into marketing your own novel and the right/wrong avenues to use for that. There is also a great deal of breaking down of fears and apprehension for those people who are not used to pitching themselves or their creations. Don't be afraid of putting yourself out there over and over again because the door mainly does not open with the first knock.

Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
I've learned a lot about tension and pacing, which came from how I balanced out my first novel. Now I am hoping to improve that in the next one. I was planning on getting better at outlining and I tried hard to do so, but I find I am much more of a fly by the seat of my pants writer in terms of the first draft. Then I can flush out, tear out or completely change things in the second draft.

What are you working on at the moment?
Jumping away from the contemporary fiction genre that i used for my first novel, I have a thriller moving along slowly and a cyberpunk novel which currently is taking over a majority of my creative brainpower. I'm excited about both and excited by the idea of not pigeonholing myself as a writer.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
"What Came First?" is still my only released novel and you can find it on amazon, iBookstore and many other places. You can also find out more about it at www.what-came-first.com. For my current works, writings and ramblings, you can find those at www.lukegoldstein.com. Feel free to contact me directly as well!

What Came First is available from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment