Tuesday 17 September 2013

Guest Authors Revisited - PS Mokha


I first interviewed P S Mokha back in March (you can read the original interview here), I recently caught up with him and found out what he's been up to since then, you can read all about it below:

 

What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
A new baby is the biggest news. Tabitha Rose is 6 months old and discovering the joys of teething.
Have you learnt any new wisdom?
Yup - I've learnt that nothing can stop me writing. I used to write when the kids were asleep. Now there's almost always one awake. The bags under my eyes are becoming long-haul suitcases, yet I couldn't be happier and my writing fires of determination burn as strong as ever.

Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
I regularly remind myself that patience is a virtue. I make my kids breakfast and lunch, then take them to school every day. Putting family first keeps me grounded and connected with my humanity.

When I hear of authors churning out novels after only a few months, I think of McDonalds or Burger King. The goal of such authors is the same as fast-food chains - create homogenous formulaic product aimed at making as much cash as possible as fast as possible .

Now that's fine - if you desire McDonalds for every meal. My value system with writing reflects the value system I adopt with my kids. I put my heart and soul into both, and long after I'm gone, my books and my kids will still be flourishing.

What are you working on at the moment?
Working on the sequel - still. 150,000 words done and about 30,000 to go. An epic novel that has stretched me intellectually, emotionally and creatively.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more
Gonna have to wait, I'm afraid. The sequel is a fine wine, not fizzy pop.
The first novel is still selling well and you can see for yourself on Goodreads just how well it's been received, getting higher average reviews than Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and a lot of other books considered worldwide bestsellers.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13618421-the-last-sanctuary

The Last Sanctuary is available from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment