Saturday 12 October 2013

Murder Drabbles - A Resting Place

The latest of the Murder Drabbles series has been posted in the Indie Book Bargains newsletter (thanks Rosen!), I've posted it below as well.

You can read the rest of the Murder Drabbles series here: http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/murder-drabbles.html

A Resting Place

I found a place for Penny to rest, a place hidden from the bustle of the world where she would decay in peace.

I could never visit the site again, so I took my time. I buried her deep, too deep for anyone to discover. My rage against her dissipated as I covered her with the dark soil.

I no longer blamed her, I realised that she had freed me. Now I saw the world with fresh eyes. Tenderly I smoothed the surface of her grave and left for my new world, a new life that existed exclusively for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment