Thursday 1 August 2013

Guest Authors Revisited - Devorah Fox

Back in January I first interviewed Devorah Fox (you can read her original interview here), I recently caught up with her to see what she's been up to since then:



Click on the images to view books

What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
What's changed is that my second novel, The King's Ransom, debuted in June ,2013. It's the sequel to The Lost King, Book One of the series The Bewildering Adventures of King Bewilliam.

Have you leant any new wisdom?
What a provocative question. I'm more convinced than ever that writers shouldn't hesitate to put their work out there. Books have unexpected and profound impacts on readers. One reader of The Lost King was inspired to start writing and sharing his writing and another rediscovered fiction. I never would have anticipated reactions like that but it's quite marvelous!

Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
I believe I have. The Lost King is good (as my reviewers will assert) but The King's Ransom is better. I benefited from read-and-critique and learned a lot about how to write richer and more polished prose from the fellow members of the writers groups to which I belong.

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm working on Naked Came the Sharks. It's the first book in a new series of contemporary thrillers set in the Texas Coastal Bend, so it' s different time period and a different genre from The Bewildering Adventures of King Bewilliam series. Later in the year I plan to return to that series for Book Three, The Changeling Prince. That's the book that I had planned to write after The Lost King, but a different story wanted to be told and I ended up writing The King's Ransom instead.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
The King's Ransom finds Robin, the hero of The Lost King, at sea both literally and figuratively. At first directionless and purposeless, he determines to reunite with his sons and with them restore his shattered kingdom but Fate has different plans for the lost king. Driven far from his home in the Chalklands, Robin pits his will against a dragon, a fortress's duplicitous and deadly guards, high winds on the open water, and a horrifying sea monster only to meet his most formidable opponent.

It's available at amazon.com and Kindle (click on the images below), soon to be available for Nook, iBook and other ebook formats.


Click on the images to view books

2 comments:

  1. I was honored to be interviewed a second time, Michael Brookes. This is so timely because "The King's Ransom" Kindle edition is on sale for 99 cents, just for a limited time.

    ReplyDelete