Thursday 22 August 2013

Guest Authors Revisited - Nicky Peacock

 I first interviewed Nicky Peacock back in January, you can read her original interview here. I recently caught up with her to see what she's been up to since then, find out more below:

 
What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
Well, my first lone author book, Bad Blood has come out and I’m pushing aside my short story efforts (mostly) and concentrating on novels and novellas. I’ve learnt a lot more about the promotion work that’s involved in being an author, and actually discovered I enjoy that part almost as much as I do the writing bit! I’ve joined a couple of fantastic virtual book tour sites and am also loving reviewing books in my genres and interviewing fellow authors too.

Have you leant any new wisdom?
Research is key to everything! Especially when writing fantasy and horror. The more facts you can include, the more realistic the whole thing becomes – even though the other aspects of your story are unbelievable.

Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
I think all writers are consistently evolving – some for better, some for worse! I hope I’ve become better this last year and am currently studying grammar and the real nuts and bolts of writing. I’m a creative person, so find the technical parts of the process difficult.



What are you working on at the moment?
I’m working on a YA urban fantasy novel – I can’t say much more as it’s in its infancy. But it does have a very interesting character who is very different to any I’ve worked on in the past. I’m doing a lot of research on certain aspects of the plot and am hoping it’ll be quite unique by the time I’ve finished moulding it.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
Pop along to my blog: http://nickypeacockauthor.wordpress.com to read my latest reviews, interviews, writing tips, lessons I’ve learnt and also news on my work. I also have https://www.facebook.com/NickyPeacockYaBooks where you can leave me comments and give me a quick ‘thumbs up’ like.

Bad Blood is available from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment