Tuesday 2 April 2013

Guest Author Interview - L M Steel

The start of a new week as always brings us a new guest author interview and today it even brings a bit of sunshine. We still have the remainder of the week for the Easter blitz, so I'll be posting a new interview every day.




Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My name is Lee and I work as a Laboratory Technologist in Southampton. I love science, it’s a great passion of mine, but it has always come second to writing.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember, I actually had my first poem read out on Children BBC radio when I was seven, from there on I have continued to write poems, short stories, novels, scripts, even had a go at a few songs.

What prompted me to start writing is that ever since I was a child I have had a wild imagination and keen desire to share my own fantasy’s and tales with the world. For what is a story teller, without someone to tell the story to?

Has your studies in science influenced your writing?
Most definitely, I have actually written a script and a story based on the studying aspect and how it is to go back to university as a Mature student and learning from scratch all about science.

If you could work with any author, who would it be? 
I would love to wrok with Stephen King, I think he is an amazing author, he has a real ability at capturing fear and detailing every aspect of a moment.

Do you have a favourite time of day in which to write?
I actually prefer to write in the afternoon, however now with working full time, I have to try and write in the evening which I’m getting used to, but I’d much prefer to be able to sit at my laptop in the afternoon and work into the evening.

You write in a variety of forms, do you have a favourite?
I love to write stories, but I find them restrictive when it actually comes to editing them, however poetry I can write as I feel it at the time. Poetry is however a much more personal thing for me, where as I write stories I want people to read.

What advice would you give new and aspiring authors?
Stick with it! It’s hard work and it wont make you rich over night, it will however fulfil you if it’s want you want to do as a passion, rather than to just be famous.

What re you working on at the moment?
At the moment I’m working on a story which is actually based on a true story. It’s called wedding in Paradise and it’s based on a family holiday to Thailand for my sisters wedding.

This idea is very much based on truth as a result of my family’s trip to Thailand for my sisters wedding in 2010, which became a cross between the most hilarious holiday and a real holiday from hell. The two weeks we spent there seriously could not be made; it was just too ridiculous worthy of national lampoons.
It was a hilarious calamity and I’m using as the base for my first attempt at a comedy story.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
Once Upon A Set Of Wheels, is a two part story as it is a long story.

The first part is Baby Driver; and tells the story of Lotus Ogden who was abandoned as a baby in a stolen Lotus Esprit. She is abused at the hands of her adoptive father, and then moved into foster care where she is also abused, neglected and abandoned. She finds allies in car thieves and drug dealers whom she adores and follows, but is also aware that she can manipulate and wrap around her finger.

Very young she takes a life in self defence, and gets away with it as no-one would ever suspect the shy little girl no-one really care about.

The Second Part: Take it to the Limit; follows Lotus as she grows into a teenager, and becomes ever so much more dangerous, no longer acting as a cornered animal fighting back and defending herself, she is calculating and malicious. Having her heart broken three times in her early teens she decides the life of crime isn’t worth it anymore: She is determined to have a normal life, and will rid herself of almost everyone from her past to achieve it.

It is available to buy:
From Amazon

Also from Smashwords where you can get the first part free till January 1st with coupon TN35R
http://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=Once+Upon+A+Set+Of+Wheels

Also Available on KOBO, WHSMiths eBooks, Barnes and Noble, Sony Reader, Diesel eBooks
They will also be available in paperback by in 2013

My Website is
www.lmsteel.co.uk
I also blog here
http://www.lmsteel.co.uk/blogs/
and here
http://lmsteel1.wordpress.com/

I’m on facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/lmsteeauthor

Thanks to L M for sharing her thoughts with us, tomorrow Christoph Fischer joins us in the hot seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment