Sunday 30 June 2013

Tales of the Imp - Meet the Imp (Redux)

They say you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Well we're going to see how true that is :-) Recently I started posting a series of drabbles about the Imp. He's proved to be quite popular (especially with certain ladies!), so I asked the talented Vicki to draw me a picture of the Imp himself and here he is in all his yellow glory:

The Imp says 'Hi!'

If you want to see more of Vicki's artwork then check out her Deviant Art page:

http://kafirasky.deviantart.com/gallery/

As for the Imp's story, the new KUF anthology that's being assembled will feature his origin story and the drabbles can all be found on the Tales of the Imp page:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/tales-of-imp.html

And in case you missed it, here's the drabble (a drabble is a story that is exactly 100 words long) that started it all:

Tales of the Imp - Meet the Imp

I have an imp on my shoulder. He's always there, whispering malevolence into my ear. He's three inches tall, with olive skin and two tiny horns on his forehead. His hair is bright red hair. His teeth are small and sharp.

He reeks of burning sulphur, which like him, follows me everywhere.

He says he's here to protect me, that I am someone special. What can such a diminutive creature protect me from? He doesn't answer my questions, but he enjoys telling me things.

Like whom I should kill.

I don't listen to him.

Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment