Thursday 13 June 2013

A Mask for every Occasion (New Drabble)

Here's a new drabble of mine from the Indie Book Bargains newsletter (http://www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk/), it's not Imp related this time :-)

A Mask for every Occasion

I learned at a young age that to blend in with herd provides greater advantage than standing out. Before my balls dropped it became obvious to me that attracting attention would hamper my destined purpose.

The trick is to be like them, to wear the same masks they do. They don't realise they're wearing masks, but that only makes the deception easier.

Whatever I do I wear the appropriate mask. I once thought the mask for work was the hardest to maintain, now I know it is the one for my wife.

No matter, she'll soon see me without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment