Thursday 20 June 2013

New Elite: Dangerous Newsletter Released



The 8th Elite: Dangerous newsletter has been released, you can read it in full via the link below:

http://eepurl.com/A4AdH

Thye newsletter also features a new drabble (100 word story) written by Allen Stroud, you can find out more about his work on his website:

www.allenstroud.com

Childish Dreams, by Allen Stroud

It’s beautiful, up there, in the stars.

When I was a child, I used to watch the spaceships. Mother bought me a book, and I learned about Cobras, Vipers, Asps and Pythons, named from old Earth animals, they say.

I asked Father if we could ride on a spaceship, he said no. They scan your eyes, to make sure you’re the owner. “Retina scanning," he said.

I went to the spaceport and asked if I could fly. The pilot man laughed and told me to get lost.

I took his eyes and his ship. Now I fly anytime I want.


No comments:

Post a Comment