Thursday 27 June 2013

Guest Authors Revisited - Jaq Hawkins

I first interviewed Jaq Hawkins back in November and she joins me today so we can catch up on what's been going on with her since then. You can read her original interview here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/guest-author-interview-jaq-hawkins.html


What has changed in your life since we last spoke?
Well I finished the final book of my Goblin series, although the editor has yet to do his part. Release should be soon though. I've also finished sequencing scene for the film Old Blood and have recorded dialogue (ADR) for two actors so far and am doing four more this month.

Have you learnt any new wisdom?
Funny enough I have. That the Fantasy genre will never be just for Fantasy geeks again, and that the Romance readers and writers will over run the earth, no matter what we do. Sometimes you just have to accept change, even if it means accepting widespread ignorance as well.

Have you become a better writer? If so, how?
I think that everything I write contributes to improving my writing. Experience tells. Trying out different approaches as well as picking up grammatical experience all adds up with practice.

What are you working on at the moment?
I'm actually moving towards doing some new Mind, Body, Spirit books, which is where I have my traditional publishing background. People have been asking for ebooks and my publishers for that genre are dragging their feet, so I have some ideas for covering the old material in new books and adding those that were on my waiting list. There is still more fiction ahead for me, but this is what I feel the need to do next.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
Power of the Dance is the third book of the Goblin Trilogy that started with Dance of the Goblins. Demoniac Dance was the second book, and just came out in paperback. The first two books are currently available on Amazon, Smashwords, Kobo, iTunes and Lulu (for paperbacks) and will soon be joined by the third one. Updates will be on my blog at http://indiewritenet.com/jaqdhawkins/

1 comment: