Monday 30 December 2013

Murder Drabbles - Knock at the Door

The latest in the Murder Drabbles series has been posted in today's Indie Book Bargains newsletter (visit www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk to sign up for a daily drabble and Kindle bargains).

If you'd like to read the other drabbles in this series you can do so here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/murder-drabbles.html

Knock at the Door

I felt rather pleased with myself, sure I’d given into my impulse, but I’d thought my way through it. Every morning and every evening I watched the local news, waiting for the discovery of her body. For two weeks they reported nothing and every evening I dreamed of my hands around her throat.

Pleasant visions every night but the memory faded all too quickly. The memory no longer satisfied, I wanted something new. Someone to share that last tender moment with and I already had someone special in mind.

That pleasant thought was interrupted by a knock on my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment