Monday 23 December 2013

Guest Author Interview - H L Wampler

In today's guest author interview we are joined by H L Wampler, you can find out more about her and her writing below:


Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
I'm H. L. Wampler. I write. I don't have a main genre I stick to, I love bouncing around and trying out new things. I don't read one genre. I love different views. I love reading different lives, so I love writing the different ways as well.

I'm also a mom and wife in my spare time.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I'm not sure what first inspired me. I've always written stories. I have notebooks full of things I've jotted down since I was kid. One day about five years ago I sat down at my computer and just pounded out a manuscript. It was complete garbage, but that was when I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to write. That's what I've been doing ever since.

Why is being a writer important to you?
I have so many stories in my mind that are screaming to get out. I try to organize them, but they want to get out. I have so many stories that are started and unfinished that I'm working on. Writing is a passion. It's a compulsion. I just have to do it and I love it.

If you could write anybody's biography, whose would it be and why?
My grandfather's. He was a fascinating man who lived a fascinating life. He traveled the world with the Marines and came home with a purple heart. He had nine children, 29 grandchildren, 50 great-grandchildren and a few great-greats now. It was a sad day when he passed 8 years ago. You could tell as everyone said good-bye everyone lost a piece of themselves. He affected so many lives.

What was the last book you read?
Beautiful Bastard

What is your favourite song lyric?
So when your hope's on fire
But you know your desire
Don't hold a glass over the flame
Don't let your heart grow cold
I will call you by name
I will share your road

Where is your happy place?
Sitting at my writing desk in my office with husband. (Our desks are back to back.)

What are you working on at the moment?
I have a few manuscripts I'm working on.
The King's Assassin. A historical fiction piece about a bad-ass lady assassin.
The Executive's Secretary - my second go at erotica
Ever After: The Crimson Cloak - a fairy tale retelling

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
My latest work is The Last Alive. It was published on September 3 by Rebel Ink Press, Llc.

There are three rules for the zombipocalypse…Don’t leave the fort. Don’t get bit. DON’T fall in love!

Emma Taylor does all three in the same week.

Nathan Ricks is the only doctor left in Fort Burgh and Emma is in love with him. She refuses to admit it until he goes missing. Venturing out into the wild means certain death, but she can’t let him turn to zombie food. Heading out to face her biggest fears, she comes to terms with falling in love and finds her emotions hiding alongside the crazy, young doctor.

Book trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9d5R2FHvkI

Books by H L Wampler on Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment