Tuesday 31 December 2013

Conversations in the Abyss Review Roundup

A few days ago I posted some exerts from my favourite reviews for my debut novel 'The Cult of Me', today I would like to do the same for 'Conversations in the Abyss', the second book in the trilogy. Fans of the books will be pleased to hear that I'm currently half way through the first draft of 'The Last True Demon', the final book in the trilogy.

As with the first book I was overjoyed by the positive response I've received for this book, so I've copied some of my favourite parts of those reviews. I'd also like to thank everyone who has left reviews for my books, it's much appreciated!


"I found this a quick read possibly due to the conversational style but was left with probably what the best endorsement I can give, I couldn't wait to finish it to pass it on to a friend. It is one of those books that you want to share so that you can discuss it with them after they have read it. A book has to really draw me in before I would recommend it to a friend, this one did."

"This is an amazing novel which weaves together a number of strands. We meet The Deathless Man, an entity who has been imprisoned within the walls of a monastery and is visited by a good and a fallen angel. We meet a group of clerics from Rome who are chasing an ancient document, The Gospel of Lazarus and a newly discovered prophecy, and we follow the preparations made by The Antichrist for The End Times. It’s an intriguing tale and is very philosophical and metaphysical. I don’t think I’ve ever read anything quite like it. "

"I loved the way this was written and I thoroughly enjoyed the imagery and theories put forward about why and how the world exists. This isn't a very long book and I read it in a day but had to take breaks to reflect on parts of it. "

"It's a good versus evil tale but every bit as unusual as the first book, featuring characters of the first novel and introducing some new ones. There's food for thought in this one as well and… room for a third instalment? I hope so and definitively look forward.
I enjoyed 'Conversations in the Abyss' and highly recommend it."

"Once I got into it I couldn’t put it down and everything else was on hold until it was finished. Bringing all the strands of the book together is really well handled and despite the huge element of fantasy it’s entirely plausible. The ending is completely unexpected but brings the book to a great conclusion even though you are left stunned because the rest of the tale, of course, is in part three which I’m looking forward to reading because I really want to know what happens next!"


The second book in 'The Third Path' trilogy.

Stealing Lazarus’s miracle gifted him immortality. Combined with his natural ability of invading and controlling people’s minds this made him one of the most dangerous people on Earth.

But the miracle came with a price. His punishment was to be imprisoned within the walls of an ancient monastery and tormented by an invisible fire that burned his body perpetually. To escape the pain he retreated deep into his own mind.

There he discovers the truth of the universe and that only he can stop the coming Apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment