Wednesday 20 August 2014

Blog Shout Out - Tales of Terror Blog

For this week's blog shout out we visit Paula Cappa's Tales of Terror blog. Discover more about her blog in her own words below:



Reading Fiction, Tales of Terror Blog
by Paula Cappa

I'm a reader and a writer of supernatural fiction, quiet horror, and paranormal mysteries. I began Tales of Terror because I wanted to read a wide variety of classicauthors in this genre and what better way to explore the masters of this art than in short stories? The blog was born so I could share my findings with other readers.

I feature one author every week with a free link to the short story. The blog content is a brief invitation to read the story, not a review or summary but a 'taste' of what the story is about, and has images. I post every Tuesday, authors like Ambrose Bierce, Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, A.C. Doyle, Mary Wilkins Freeman, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry James, M.R. James, H.P. Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe, Mary Shelley, Bram Stoker, H.G. Wells, Edith Wharton and many more. I also include an audio version of the story and sometimes a film from YOUTUBE. All links are free.

One of my most popular posts was The Beckoning Fair One by Oliver Onions. Also The Ensouled Violin by Helena Blavatsky. I happened to love ghost stories so I feature them a lot.

I recently reached my 100th post, with nearly 17,000 views and well over l00 followers and building more every day. This is a good short story blog to follow for not only supernatural and horror readers, but also for writers in this genre to read a short story a week by the master writers. I have some followers who are English literature teachers: I feature many literary authors: Blazac, Chekhov, Dumas, O Henry, Marryat, Stevenson, Twain. Just this past week, I featured W.B. Yeats, his mystical short story, "The Curse of the Fires and of the Shadows."

I will continue to explore these authors and their art as this not only assists me with my own writing in this genre, but also is a joy to read a short story every single week and share it with my fellow readers.

http://paulacappa.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment