Friday 15 March 2013

Guest Author Interview - Abha C

I might be in the office again tomorrow, but I still have that Friday feeling :-) For the last guest author interview of the week we meet children's author Abha C:



Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My simple belief is that every child deserves to be read to. To that end I started to look for books that not only were interesting for my one-year-old but also had a learning component to them. This proved to be an impossible task and led to the creation of this book.

I am a freelance writer who specializes in children’s books. I now reside in Fremont, Calif. with my husband and daughter. My daughter is the inspiration for “The Little Ant”.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I just felt that I needed to get this story out and decided to put it on paper. Before I knew it, it was done.

And what was your first story?
The Little Ant is my very first story.

What attracted you to children's books?
I have always liked happy stories and stepping into motherhood just made it a natural transition for me.

What do you enjoy most about writing?
I just enjoy reading as the story develops, its almost like a dream that you have while awake.

And the least?
I don't think there is anything that I don't enjoy about writing. I love it all!

What advice would you give new and aspiring authors?
Just keep at it. The amount of satisfaction you get once the story is done the way you want is awesome. You feel so accomplished when even one person likes what you write.

What are you working on at the moment?
I want this to be a series of children's picture books with the ant as the main character. That is something I am working on currently.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
This is the story of a little ant, a little girl ant, who wears a bow in her hair and shoes that match. She decides to go explore the park. Toddlers like bright colors, baby animals, insects with cute faces, and picture books. The facial expressions throughout this book are delightful. The colorful, simple drawings make it easy for children to follow along with the words. The little ant has more of an adventure than she had planned.

You can find it on Amazon.

and Barnes & Noble

Some excerpts above are taken directly from US Review of Book's review by Cynthia Collins. The review can be found at: http://www.theusreview.com/reviews/Little-Abha.html#.UO5UY2_Aey4


Thanks to Abha for sharing her time with us, on Monday we welcome Jonathan Mitchell to the hot seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment