Tuesday 15 September 2015

Book Review - C is for Cthulhu by Jason Ciaramella

This is an ideal book to help teach young children their first letters and words. It is a sturdy board book suitable for young fingers with bright, bold text and charming illustrations. From the front cover you can immediately tell that this is wholesome book, full of charm.

Perhaps signing my name in blood in the 'This Book Belongs to' box wasn't the wisest move as the trouble started soon after.

As I read the words of the book aloud, I discovered with the first letter that A was for the man who had written the book - Abdul Alhazred. Despite the simple words, designed to be grasped by even the youngest of minds I found it difficult to concentrate. There was a tic, or more like a sound distracting me. At first I couldn't perceive it and it teased me until I discerned a gibbering. It was the twisted laugh of the mad, of someone who had seen sights that mortal men should never witness.

And it was always behind me...

With each page I beheld fresh horrors, from strange dimensions beyond time or space. My eyes pained me as they tried to make sense of cyclopean architecture. Amidst the ruins terrors lurked and hungered with unnatural lusts.

Since the words of the last page imprinted into my fevered mind those same creatures have haunted my dreams. I have seen too much and what has been seen can never be unseen. I fear for my sanity and for my very soul.

A cracking read - 5 stars!


C is for Cthulhu is a gorgeously illustrated alphabet board book inspired by the work of H.P. Lovecraft.

C is for Cthulhu is available from Amazon.com: http://amzn.to/1gpayVk


No comments:

Post a Comment