Friday 29 May 2015

Book Review - Deep by Adam Moon

Up front I think it's fair to say I'm not a fan of serialised novels and I'm not convinced that 32 pages can count as book 1 of anything. Although the blub sounded interesting so I thought I'd give it a go. And it starts well. It's a tense story with some good mystery. There's some good character interaction and I thought that I'd made a good choice in giving it a chance.

Then I reached the end and it ranks with Bobby Ewing waking up in the shower as a disapointing ending. In a full novel I would probably have kept reading and maybe the rest of the story would have made up for it, but instead it was a thankfully short read.

Click on image to buy from Amazon

The earth is doomed.

But a new world has been discovered that has all the right ingredients to sustain human life. The vessel Seeder will travel four thousand years with its crew members and colonists to this new seed planet to ensure humanity lives on.

But the stasis pods malfunction. When the crew is revived they discover they've been traveling for the past eighteen million years, and the colonists are all gone.

And it only gets stranger.

Book #1 of the best selling Seeder Saga (34 pages)


3 comments:

  1. When Stephen King rekindled the book by installment idea a few years ago, I waited until I'd bought them all and just read the lot in one go. It might have worked well in Victorian England but not any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article. Hope this book proves to be a best seller. :)

    ReplyDelete