Tuesday 16 October 2012

This Killing Emptiness (100 Word Story)

The latest of my 100 word stories has been used in the Indie Book Bargains newsletter (http://www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk/) And yes I am an Ice Ages fan :-)

This Killing Emptiness

Stars. Nothing but stars in all directions. My breathing is laboured, the oxygen mix almost too low for life. A random accident, a burst of the thrusters and now drifting. Too far for rescue. I don't mind the view is amazing. Pin sharp stars across the infinite black veil.

If I'm going to die, this is all I could have hoped for. It doesn't hurt, it feels pleasant. I'm not afraid. I enjoy the view. Absorb its majesty. They say the last moment follows you for eternity. If that is true then I am indeed blessed. I only wish that...

No comments:

Post a Comment