Tuesday 16 October 2012

Guest Author Interview - Debra Benson

Today we welcome Debra Benson to the gust author interview, you can read what she has to say below:

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
I'm Debra Benson. My first published book is a work of Fiction. For now I think my niche is Christian Romance, Women's Fiction, and General Fiction. Inspirational and Romance are dear to my heart.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I have a need to express dramatic experiences in life misfortunes and victories. I want to voice my thoughts into words on paper. I sometimes feel I'm better at communicating on paper than articulating verbally. This writing interest began in 1990.

If you could write anybody's biography, whose would it be?
Elizabeth Elliot

What is your favourite book?
Healing in the Hurting Places by Karen F. Riley

What do you find most enjoyable about writing?
I like creating dialogue in stories the interaction is amazing. This element in writing really develops the story. I find this enjoyable to see how word pieces add up to form an image.

And the most frustrating?
I'm not a big talker. I wish I had the gift of gab. So it's a challenge for me to write a four hundred page novel. I feel the short story is for me and the novella.

What advice would you give to new and aspiring authors?
Keep writing and reading books about writing to develop your prose.

What are you working on at the moment?
I have a short story to edit and a memoir outlined.

Tell us about your recent work and how we can find out more.
My debut novella "Perfect Wedding" was published July 2012. It can be found at http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Wedding-Debra-Benson/dp/1434910946/

Thanks to Debra for sharing her time, on Friday we welcome Jason Parent to the hotseat.

No comments:

Post a Comment