Monday 13 July 2015

New Drabble - The Pond

By Yostkr (Own work) via Wikimedia Commons


A new drabble of mine has been posted in today's BookHippo.uk newsletter - visit them to sign up for a daily newsletter with a drabble and Kindle bargains. If you've writen a drabble then why not send it to them?

You can read some of my other drabbles here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/100-word-stories.html

The Pond

It’s hard to go back sometimes. The pond was once my hidden place, my refuge from a world too large to feel comfortable in. I always felt safe and hidden within the trees lining the banks like sentries. The lap of water and the sigh of the wind soothed my fevered thoughts.

Now it’s dark and rotten. A sombre reflection of the person I had since become. Its power to protect had diminished with time’s passing. When I look in the mirror of the water I am not surprised to see that it’s not my face looking back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment