Monday 16 March 2015

Guest Author Interview - Fleur Tomargo

In this week's Guest Author Interview Fleur Tomargo tells us about her latest release 'A Dragonfly's Dream':

Click on image to buy from Amazon

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My name is Fleur Tamargo, I’m from the Philippines and I’m the author of a novel, “A Dragonfly’s Dream”, which is now available as an e book on Amazon Kindle.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I’ve always loved writing even as a kid. I used to write a lot of poetry and short stories. Over time though, I got busy with other things and didn’t have much time for it. Then my sister wrote a book, “How to Wed an Earl”, and it was published by Crimson Romance. This inspired me to go back to writing and write my own novel too.

And where did the idea for 'A Dragonfly's Dream' come from?
‘A Dragonfly’s Dream’ was actually taken from the pages of my own dream journal. You see, I had an infatuation with a guy back in high school. Then, he died. I dreamt about him for more than a decade. I wrote down my dreams in a journal, and later on, decided to make a novel out of it. So you see, it’s not entirely fiction,

Which book has had the most impact on you?
I’d say “Memoirs from a Geisha” by Arthur Golden, and the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling.

Where do you see your writing taking you in the future?
I’m not really sure, but I do know that I will continue to write. It’s essential to my well-being.

What is your favorite song lyric?
It’s a local tune, called “Your love” by Alamid. ( Your love is like a river that flows into my veins, and I feel the chill inside…)

How does your writing stand out? 
Well, this is a self-serving statement, but I think my writing stands out because my words have a very nice flow. I always try to make sure that whenever I write, my readers come out of it taking a good feeling with them. I want my characters to be deep, and multi-dimensional. My stories also tend to unique in that they’re simple enough to be just that, yet they can also be understood in many other ways.

What are you working on at the moment?
I’m working on a historical romance based in Asia.

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
This book is partly autobiographical as it is based on the my own dream journal.

Alyssa Torres thought she had forgotten all about James after graduating from high school. James Delegrio, the handsome rascal, had teased her a lot back then. But sometime after university, images of him haunted her dreams for several years like a phantom she could not get rid of. In her dreams, she is able to truly get to know her old flame. For many years, James had filled her nights with sweetness and magic.

In the meantime, Alyssa’s “waking” love life suffers. The real world seems to pale in comparison to the beauty of their nightly encounters.

Alyssa knows that she has never loved anyone like the way she loves James. But will their love survive, or will it simply fade away at the touch of sunrise?


No comments:

Post a Comment