Wednesday 4 March 2015

New Drabble - Seconds from the End

"Thessaloniki-Vlali Market". Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons
A new drabble of mine has been posted in today's Indie Book Bargains newsletter. Unusually for me it's not one that's part of an ongoing series!

You can find my other stand alone drabbles here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/100-word-stories.html

Seconds from the End

I hated street patrol. A condition red alert meant every available officer was deployed throughout the city. This time of day families from all around crowded the market.

He stood out instantly. A white face usually did in this neighbourhood. The man’s shaved head, smart clothes and nervous disposition fit the profile. My glance surprised him and his sudden panic revealed his intentions.

I’d trained to draw my pistol quickly, but I wouldn’t be quick enough. His hand reached into his jacket as mine touched my gun. I started to aim in the same moment the blast wave struck.

Visit www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk to sign up for a daily drabble and Kindle bargains

No comments:

Post a Comment