Sunday 2 October 2022

History of Christchurch Website Launched

I'm pleased to announce that a project I've meant to put together since moving into the village is finally live. The History of Christchurch website assembles the documented history of the village into a single online resource (although it may well become a book at some stage). Although it's now live, it's far from complete, and it's too much for me alone.

I've found the process fascinating and there's a wealth of information still to be uncovered and added. If you have historical knowledge or material that can be added then get in touch.

Help is also needed in preparing materials and text for the site. Looking at the longer term I'd like to expand the site to record more than just the village's documented history, but also to capture the living history of our residents past, present and future.

I'm also asking local businesses to help fund the costs of operating the site. Don't worry it's only £10 per calendar year to include an advert for your business on the website. More details can be found on the local businesses page.

I hope you find the site interesting and feel free to use the contact us form to send me any feedback, I hope you'll get involved :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment