Tuesday 18 March 2014

New Drabble - Face in the Mirror

My latest drabble has been posted in the Indie Book Bargains newsletter (you can sign up at www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk for a daily drabbles and Kindle bargains), I've also posted it below.

You can read my other standalone drabbles here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/100-word-stories.html

And for fans of drabbles and other forms of short and flash fiction come and join the Facebook group I've set up for people to share and discover great stories in those forms:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shortfictionreadersandwriters/

Face in the Mirror

I stare at my face in the mirror and I can’t be sure that it’s really me. My eyes are hunted and bruised from nights of disturbed sleep. A dread has stalked my dreams, twisting them into nightmares that linger even in dawn’s embrace.

In the mirror I glimpse a malformed shadow lurking behind me, its touch is cold upon my skin and fills me with terror. My will fails and I fall into the mirror, my final scream frozen in glass.

I gaze at my reflection and admire my new face, I think I’ll wear it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment