Wednesday 5 March 2014

Have You Read The Cult of Me?

When I first started this blog it was exclusively to help promote my books and other writing, as all good things do it has evolved since then, for two reasons. The first is that when I released my first book I discovered how supportive and friendly the indie author community was and I wanted to give something back. The second impetus was that I was a reader long before I was a writer and I like to share my love of books.

I am however a writer and so I thought that I would start a regular Wednesday feature that is a simple
and unashmed piece of self promotion for my books and my writing. This first feature should quite naturally start at the beginning with my debut novel 'The Cult of Me'.

While I have written a few books since I released it, The Cult of Me will always occupy a special place in my heart for it was that first book. The first book that I actually finished (rather than than starting and never quite getting round to finishing), the first book that I shared with the world and all the joy that brings.

The book itself came from a story I wanted to write based upon John Milton's sublime 'Paradise Lost', many of you know that this is my favourite story of all time and that I recently indulged in a copy from 1795 for myself and it's a beautiful tome.

For my story to work I needed a human protagonist capable of standing his own against the cast of angels, demons and God himself and from those musings The Cult of Me was born. I've been fortunate that those who've read it and as any author can tell you there's nothing quite like hearing that a reader has enjoyed reading your work!

So I'd firstly like to thank everyone who has read 'The Cult of Me' and an extra thank you to those who have left reviews on Amazon, Goodreads or wherever. Like all indie authors I rely on word of mouth to help new readers discover my work so any help like leaving reviews or sharing your thoughts is most appreciated.

If you haven't read it yet then I hope you'll do so, I've provided all the details below and you can even get a free mobi or epub copy by signing up to my mailing list:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/join-my-mailing-list-and-receive-free.html



The first book in 'The Third Path' Trilogy.


For too long he dwelt apart, watched those who passed him by. With his unique abilities he entered their minds and inflicted terrible suffering upon them. They didn't even know who he was. The game has lasted for years, but now the game has become stale. On an impulse he decides to make a final and very public last stand. After surrendering himself to the police he enacts his plan to seize the prison for his final bloody act.

There he discovers that he's not as unique as he once thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment