Friday 21 March 2014

Guest Author Interview - Teresa Keefer

 In today's guest author interview we are joined by Teresa Keefer, find out more about her and her writing below:


http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E2YJUJM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B00E2YJUJM&linkCode=as2&tag=phasespacenet-21
Click on image to purchase from Amazon

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
Teresa Keefer, avid reader and author of contemporary and paranormal romance by night, human resources professional by day.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I've enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember; however, my best friend was a great advocate of me doing full length novels and bought me a copy of Stephen King's On Writing. From there on out, it's been my past time.

What is your favourite book and why?
I don't have a favorite book, I have a library full of books! Some of my favorite genres are romance, paranormal, political, thriller, horror, self-help and my favorite authors are Nora Roberts, Stephen King, Nicholas Sparks, James Patterson, and Clive Barker.

Where do your best ideas come from?
My best ideas come from all sorts of places. My first book, a contemporary romance, was inspired by a country music song. My paranormal trilogy came while I was on a business flight and saw one person reading the Fifty Shades book and another one reading a Sookie Stackhouse novel and I thought, why not blend the two genres? One that will be in the works shortly was inspired by my best friend who suggested that I do a witch trilogy and since I have 3 daughters, I thought I'd mirror the characters from their individual personalities. They don't know it yet, though!

What makes your books stand out compared to others in your genre?
I don't know that my books stand out from others in my genre. There are so many fantastic authors out there and they all have very good books. I just hope that some day I am able to be at the same level as them.

Are you a planner? Or do you prefer to dive straight into writing?
Me? A planner? That is hilarious! Just ask my friends and family, they will tell you that I am probably the most spontaneous person when it comes to anything! I absolutely HATE planning because it doesn't leave any room for taking a side trip to some adventure that you might have missed. I'm a controlled procrastinator and when it comes to a good story, I want to just sit down and start writing and let the story flow naturally.

Every writer loves a good review, what is your favourite so far?
I have to say there is one review that is near and dear to my heart. It's not the best written one but a family member wrote a really short, sweet and bossy one telling people that they just have to read my book. It sounds like one of those 'do it or else' comments.

What are you working on at the moment?
I am finishing up the Vengeance Trilogy and have the first potential paragraphs for each of the Sisters Three Trilogy jotted down.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
I'm really excited about the Sisters Three Trilogy. So excited that I am having trouble with finishing the Vengeance Trilogy without my mind wandering to the Sisters Three. You can find me on Amazon, Smashwords, and Goodreads and when I finish up the Vengeance Trilogy, I will work on creating my own website and blog.

Books by Teresa Keefer on Amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment