|"Hanoi Water Puppets - Fairy Dance (3695189852)" by Greg Willis from Denver, CO, usa|
Welcome to February's Short Fiction Contest here on The Cult of Me blog. This month's image found me almost instantly while browsing Wikimedia Commons. There's great art to the dolls as well as something a little creepy to them. I'm sure it will inspire some incredible stories!
As always the stories can be of any genre. They just have to be inspired by this month's image and no more than 500 words.
Entry to the contest remains free and there are prizes for the three winners. I will also feature any of the stories that don't win but I believe are worth showcasing on this blog.
- First prize is a £50 Amazon gift card or PayPal prize
- Second prize is a £20 Amazon gift card or PayPal prize
- Third prize is a £10 Amazon gift card or PayPal prize
Please make sure to check your story for typos before submitting. I don't mind a few errors, but my enjoyment of a story is diminished if I have to wade through too many.
I'll post the winning entries by March 1st 2015.
As with everything in life there are a few rules:
- Only one entry per person.
- The story must not be longer than 500 words.
- Closing date for submissions is February 22nd 2015.
- By submitting the story you grant me a non-exclusive license to post the story on this blog. I do ask that I post it here first.
- You also grant me a one time non-exclusive license to include the story in an e-book release.
- The judge's decision is final.
Use the form below to enter your submission. After you've submitted please leave a comment on this page stating that you have submitted. And please help spread the word. Great stories deserve great readers!
As well as comments section below you can chat about this competition in any of the threads I've listed below. If you don't know the sites then entering the competition is a good way to introduce yourself. Note that these sites are not affiliated with the competition in any way!
Goodreads (UK Amazon kindle Forum group): http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/977021-michael-brookes-horror-science-fiction
If you've started your own thread or discussion somewhere about this month's competition then let me know and I'll add the link to this page.