Thursday 29 January 2015

Drabbles of Art - Two Girls Dressing a Kitten by Candlelight by Joseph Wright


I continue the Drabbles of Art series with Joseph Wright's painting 'Two Girls Dressing a Kitten by Candlelight'. I had a lot of fun with this one and I think the drabble provides an unusual slant to the picture while still fitting with it. The expression on the kitten's face sold it to me instantly!

If you've not read the other drabbles in the series then you can find them all here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/as-promised-in-last-weeks-final-post-in.html

Two Girls Dressing a Kitten by Candlelight by Joseph Wright

“You shouldn’t tease him so,” Lucy told her sister.

“But he looks so cute in the dolly’s dress,” Janine replied.

“That’s true, but see how he glares. There’s real fury in his eyes.”

“Inside the circle he’s powerless, so we can do whatever we like.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course I’m sure,” Lucy answered. Her fingers traced around the markings on the table. “I found this circle and the markings in one of grandma’s old books. As long as he stays within the circle we can do whatever we want and I want to dress this demon like a doll.”

No comments:

Post a Comment