Thursday 18 September 2014

ABC Drabbles of Death - Q is for Quartered



Our macabre march through the alphabet continues with this latest drabble in the ABC Drabbles of Death series. We've reached the letter 'Q' and for this drabble I've gone for something quite traditional but with a slight modern flavour.

If you haven't read the previous drabbles in the series, or just want to read through them again then you can find them all here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/welcome-to-first-drabble-in-my-new.html

Q is for Quartered

The anticipation seemed worse than the deed. After all, we no longer lived in the dark ages. A machine would separate me into four pieces to be cubed and displayed. It would do so too quickly for pain.

No, the waiting tormented me with thought of what would come. Already I lay in a pool of my stinking fear, its touch acrid against my skin. Why must they make me wait? Was the judgement insufficient for my crime?

The moment arrived and proved me wrong. So very wrong. My death lasted just a moment, but a moment of eternal agony.

No comments:

Post a Comment