Friday 19 July 2013

Guest Author Interview - L.F. Falconer

To celebrate the end of a glorious week let's meet Leanna Falconer and see what she has to say about her writing:



Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
Hello. I am Leanna (LF) Falconer and do believe this is quite a tricky question. I've done many things in my life but can't say they define me. I enjoy art, music, and the great outdoors, but basically, I'm simply an earth child who tries to be the best I can be, attempts to see the best in others, and believes in the basic goodness of humanity. What do I do? Job-wise, I am employed by a private contractor for the US Navy where I operate certain equipment that helps aid in the training of fighter pilots.

What first inspired you to start writing?
I was inspired to write when I first learned to read. At six years old I knew I wanted to write the stories.

And why do you still write?
In fifty years, nothing has changed. I still want to write the stories. I've simply always allowed life to interfere with my dreams, so I finally said, "Enough already! I'm doing this!"

If you could spend a day with anyone from history, who would it be?
Just one for one day? What a tough choice. Off the top of my head, I might opt for Benjamin Franklin. I believe he'd be fairly entertaining for a day and probably wouldn't mind going out for a beer at the end of it.

Is there a line, or a quote you wished you had written?
"Remember that all things are only opinion and that it is in your power to think as you please."--Marcus Aurelius

What is more important to you, reading or writing?
Reading is ultimately more important, not just for me, but for humanity as a whole, yet without those who write, reading would be moot. And while I do believe all writers should read, not all readers should write.

How do you get in the mood for writing?
If I'm immersed in a project, I am constantly in the mood, so to speak. But if I'm suffering from writer's block or simply hunting for inspiration, I generally find that working in the garden, riding my bike, or going for a hike can free up my creative juices. In the winter it's a bit more difficult for I don't enjoy being outdoors in cold weather, so then I turn to music.

What are you working on at the moment?
Currently, I am getting ready to publish my third novel, the much-requested sequel to my first, which should be released late summer of 2013. It is (loosely) a romance/fantasy, but might be well considered a coming-of-age novel, for it deals greatly, as did my first novel, with the hard lessons of maturity in young adulthood. I am also hard at work on the first draft of another horror/mystery/thriller which I hope to have ready by next year.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
My latest novel is a mixed-genre, adult/paranormal/psychological thriller titled Exit Strategy...think American Psycho meets Rod Serling and Alfred Hitchcock. It involves a man who runs from the law only to find himself running from something so much more. In writing this, I chose not to sugar-coat anything or hold back, so it contains a great deal of material that some people might find unsuitable or offensive.

More information can be found on my Goodreads Profile, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com, or my webpage at www.outskirtspress.com/exitstrategy

No comments:

Post a Comment