Thursday 24 March 2016

New Drabble - The Charge

Here's a new drabble (100 word story) from me:

By William Sadler II - Pyms Gallery, Public Domain

The Charge

Hooves pounded the frost hardened ground, laboured breath steamed through the air. The array of red clad infantry fired and instantly wreathed in smoke. Bullets whistled past my ears. A horse screamed and collapsed, its rider flung afar.

Another volley crashed against us, but we’re almost there. A cannon booms, dirt and smoke choked my mouth. I heard the enemy’s cries now and saw their dirt streaked faces. My mount’s hooves smashed into skull and with a slash of the sabre we broke through the first rank.

Only to see another line of red and another volley of rifle fire.

You can discover some of my other drabbles here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/100-word-stories.html


No comments:

Post a Comment