February's competition attracted the highest number of entries of the contest so far - can we beat that record this month? For this month's image we have a man reading to a woman and two girls - what story does he tell? And why do they react so? If you know the answer then write a story about it and send it in.
As always the stories can be of any genre. They just have to be inspired by this month's image and no more than 500 words.
Entry to the contest remains free and there are prizes for the three winners. I will also feature any of the stories that don't win but I believe are worth showcasing on this blog.
- First prize is a £50 Amazon gift card or PayPal prize
- Second prize is a £20 Amazon gift card or PayPal prize
- Third prize is a £10 Amazon gift card or PayPal prize
Please make sure to check your story for typos before submitting. I don't mind a few errors, but my enjoyment of a story is diminished if I have to wade through too many.
I'll post the winning entries by April 1st 2016.
As with everything in life there are a few rules:
- Only one entry per person.
- The story must not be longer than 500 words.
- Closing date for submissions is March 20th 2016.
- By submitting the story you grant me a non-exclusive license to post the story on this blog. I do request that I post it here first.
- You also grant me a one time non-exclusive license to include the story in an e-book release.
- The judge's decision is final.
Use the form below to enter your submission. After you've submitted please leave a comment on this page stating that you have submitted. And please help spread the word. Great stories deserve great readers!
Goodreads (UK Amazon kindle Forum group): http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/977021-michael-brookes-horror-science-fiction
If you've started your own thread or discussion somewhere about this month's competition then let me know and I'll add the link to this page.