Friday 27 June 2014

New Drabble - The Life of a Prayer (Atheist Version)


A new drabble (100 word story) of mine has been posted in Indie Book Bargains newsletter (visit their website www.indie-book-bargains.co.uk for a daily drabble and Kindle book bargains). This drabble is the first in a two-parter. You can read my other drabbles on my drabble page here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/100-word-stories.html

And if you're looking for more drabbles or flash and short fiction then come and join the Facebook group dedicated to those forms:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shortfictionreadersandwriters/

The Life of a Prayer (Atheist Version)

From my heart comes the pain, a physical burden, too terrible to bear.

From my mind emerges understanding of my suffering and the desire to be whole once more.

From my lips issue the words of my plea, my hopes for a life reborn anew.

Through my ears I hear the words that my lips have spoken.

Through my mind I tease meaning from the memories of the life I have lived.

Through my dreams I ponder the solution to my grief.

Through the passage of time I accept what has gone and what has come and life rolls on.

No comments:

Post a Comment