Monday 30 June 2014

Guest Author Interview - Carmen Stevens

In this week's guest author interview I am joined by Carmen Stevens, author of the historical thriller 'Anne'. Discover more about her and her writing below:

Click on image to buy from Amazon

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
I'm Carmen Gross, though my pen name is Carmen Stevens. I'm 22 years old and currently attend college for law. I self-published my first novel, a historical thriller titled "Anne", in July of 2013. 

What first inspired you to start writing?
I love writing, and I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. However, I had taken a break from writing shortly before writing my novel. My youngest sister was the one who got me back into writing, as she began to write herself, which inspired me. However, I also wanted to use my love of writing and write something that would teach the world to live in peace and love, because that's what "Anne" is about.

If you could spend a day with anyone from history, who would it be and why?
This is a hard question for me. I would have to say someone from the Bible, like Christ. That would be neat.

What is your favourite book?
I have several favorite books, not one all-time favorite. I love "The Sound and the Fury", "Gone With the Wind", "Crime and Punishment", "And Then There Were None", and others.

Where did the idea for 'Anne' come from?
I wanted to write historical fiction, since that is my favorite book genre. After that, I just thought of a complex protagonist and decided to set the book in England, since I love that setting for a novel. Personally, I think Anne's character kind of represents my own dark side. I wanted to write something in which the main character matures and learns from her experiences.

What do you find most rewarding about writing?
I love it when a story comes together on the computer or on paper, when it used to be only in your head.

And the most challenging?
The most challenging part about writing is probably keeping the story's plots sufficiently exciting and consistent.

What are you working on at the moment?
Right now, I'm busy promoting "Anne". I try to do this a few hours a week, at least. 

Tell us about your latest release and how we can find out more.
I think that many people would love "Anne", especially the ones who love English history, drama, mystery, and suspense. You can check it out on Amazon or Smashwords. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment