Wednesday 12 August 2015

New Drabble - I Remember the Words

Ernst Ludwig Kirchner [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

A new drabble (100 word story) of mine was posted in yesterday's Book Hippo newsletter and I've reposted it below:

I Remember the Words

I don’t know when the barrier first surrounded me. I walk through life without ever bumping into anything, or anyone. It’s as clear as glass so people think they can see me, and it’s as soft as silk so they don’t realise that they’re being steered away.

I’m certain it wasn’t always like this. I remember enjoying the world and the company it kept. I recall the perfect moment and declaring to everyone around me that I’d never been so happy.

Now all I can remember are the words and I wonder if I ever really felt anything at all.

Visit BookHippo.uk for a daily drabble and UK kindle bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment