Thursday 13 November 2014

ABC Drabbles of Death - W is for Warrior



My choice for this week's latest in the ABC Drabbles of Death series is a little obvious. But after watching the second season of Vikings (which is excellent by the way) it also seemed like an appropriate and fun idea :-)

Only three drabbles left in the series and then I shall start a new series of drabbles. If you haven't read the previous drabbles in this series then you can find them all here:

http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/p/welcome-to-first-drabble-in-my-new.html

W is for Warrior

The morning frost is hard and cold beneath my feet. Across the valley the mist rises from the ground, becoming one with the breath of men and horses.

Voices cry their rage and fear into the sky and in answer the sky’s tears muddy the ground. The earth trembles from their charge. We lock our shields and brace against the weight of our foe.

The clash of steel and screams blend into a single song. The ground grows slick with blood. All too soon only I remain, yet I stand and fight until I can swing my axe no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment