Friday 16 November 2012

Guest Author Interview - Robert Kintigh

Today we welcome Robert Kintigh to the guest author interview, read what he has to say below:

Please introduce yourself, who are you and what do you do?
My name is Robert Kintigh and I am a very proud husband of 19 years and a father of 3 incredible kids. I am an avid reader, I love to write and I enjoy the outdoors as well as the game of golf. For over 23 years now I have been an entrepreneur and have built and owned several businesses. I am currently a business consultant/trainer, professional speaker, author and I own an internet marketing company. After taking almost 8 years to write my first book, I have now committed the majority of my life to writing as I have already started on my second book with more on the way. I have a deep desire to help people discover greatness inside of them and writing gives me a platform to perform that need in me.

What first inspired you to start writing?
My mother and grandmother always encouraged me to use my words and I have read so many great books in my life and have been inspired by them. One day it became clear to me that I needed to express what I had inside of me after hearing once again how insightful it was to speak with me. There have been many along the way that has asked for a book from me one day and although they were joking, I decided it was to be real for me.

Are you a planner? Or do you prefer to write off the cuff?
I love to plan and write off the cuff. I sit down and plan out how things are to go and then begin to write but then some days I wake up and do not feel like being structured. I turn on the computer and just start to write. I let my mood determine my style for that day.

If you could work with any author, who would it be?
I would love to have written with Viktor Frankle – Man’s Search For Meaning as his message and mindset is and was so powerful!

What do you find most rewarding about writing?
I love hearing how you wrote something that made a big difference to someone. How it changed their life or mindset or perspective.

And the most difficult?
Allowing myself permission to write more and as much as I want. Life always wants to butt in and get in the way and writing sometimes suffers as it is a time consuming profession.

What advice would you give to new and aspiring authors?
Don’t be so caught up on the structure and do not concern yourself with that little voice in your head that says no one will like what you are writing. Your job is to write and press on. You will be so surprised one day when your book is ready for print and how many will love what you have written. Lastly, when you are an author, you must also learn to be a marketer. Although you may end up writing the best book ever conceived, it will not miraculously sell a million copies. You must start now and learn to become a marketing enthusiast.

What are you working on at the moment?
My new book I am working on is called Employee Behavior Modification- the truth about motivation and your team. This book is about building a team, how to properly motivate your team, how to be a better leader in your organization and what it will take to build a massive organization or a sound quality company.

Tell us about your latest work and how we can find out more.
This new book is a culmination of all of my years as an entrepreneur and companies I have worked with or helped. You can find out more at www.truthmastery.com This site is about my books, programs, speaking and more.

Thanks to Robert for sharing his time with us, on Tuesday Scott Skipper takes his place in the hot seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment