The winner's stories will be available here (and promoted across KUF, Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook and Stumbleupon and anywhere else I can) and you'll also have a link to your blog or website displayed alongside your story if you win.
Winning stories will also be compiled in a collection later in the year, proceeds from the sales of that collection will be used to help fund the prizes for this competition.
The winners will also receive an Amazon gift card:
- First Prize is a £50 gift card
- Second prize is a £20 gift card
- Third prize is a £10 gift card
|Image courtesy of Victor Habbick / FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
Please make sure to check your story for typos before submitting. I don't mind a few errors, but my enjoyment of a story is diminished if I have to wade through too many.
I'll post the winning entries by October 1st 2013.
As with everything in life there are a few rules:
- Only one entry per person.
- The story must not be longer than 500 words.
- Closing date for submissions is September 22nd 2013.
- By submitting the story you grant me a non-exclusive license to use it. I'll only post the winning entries.
- You also grant me a one time non-exclusive license to include the story in an e-book release.
- The judges decision is final.
THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN CLOSED - CHECK THE LINKS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE FOR THE LATEST CONTEST!
As well as comments section below you can chat about this competion in any of the threads I've listed below. If you don't know the sites then entering the competition is a good way to introduce yourself. Note that these sites are not affiliated with the competition in any way!
Goodreads (UK Amazon kindle Forum group): http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/977021-michael-brookes-horror-science-fiction
If you've started you're own thread or discussion somewhere about this month's competition then let me know and I'll add the link to this page.